What’s it About
What this is about
- Historian Peter Manning has unearthed previously hidden historical data which clearly shows the link between the original amateur Crystal Palace Football Club formed in 1861 and the later 1905 professional club – both formed under the wing of the Crystal Palace Company Ltd and playing under the shadow of Crystal Palace in SE London.
- In April 2020 the Club officially endorsed and publicised its newly documented heritage. The full story is perfectly presented by Chris Grierson in this short video (look at the 2nd video down): Peter Manning: How one man changed the story of Palace history
- The Club badge however, still says “1905”. This anomaly was highlighted when the new 2021/22 Palace 3rd kit, which is a replica of the original 1861 teams’ colours, sported “1861” in large numbers on the back, but also included the current badge with “1905” adorned on it.
- If you are either a Palace fan or a fan of another club that values football history and believes that supporters are what makes a club, this is your chance to make a difference. All we ask is that you register your support for our call to change the badge by simply pressing the ‘submit your vote’ button at the end of this page.
- You can see in real time the level of support that is generated by looking at the real time vote counter on this site. It would also really help us if you passed on this website’s details to others (which can be easily done by clicking on the ‘Share’ Tab at the top).